Special Needs Trusts

Published May 15 2014 at 12:00 AM GMT
  • MoneyTipsThere are two avenues of government assistance to disabled Americans " Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicaid.
  • To qualify for these programs, generally a person must meet the definition of disabled as defined by the Social Security Administration, must have resources of less than $2,000 and the disability must prevent them from holding a job.
  • If you have a relative that falls into this definition, you may want to help him or her with gifts of cash or other assets.



  • Published May 15, 2014 12:00 AM GMT